Wouldn't this be great?
I don't know if I like the name "Thrify Tidbits" for this type of post. Does anyone have any better ideas? I'm not feeling very creative today. Hopefully, one of you are more inventive than I am!
Here's what I have done to be thrifty today:
- I took 3 grocery bags full of magazines to Bookman's for trade credit. I have a ton of free magazine subscriptions so when my magazine pile starts to topple over, I bundle them up and head over to trade them all in. I got $14 in store credit today! I also found out I can donate the magazines they don't want to a Maricopa County prison reading program. Fabulous! I don't have to haul all the magazines back out to my car and an inmate somewhere gets to read Car & Driver! Win win! If you are unfamiliar with Bookman's, click here!
- I took some yard sale leftovers to Goodwill. It's super easy for me to drop stuff off because there is a Goodwill right next door to my office. I feel good for donating and I feel even better having all that clutter out of my house! Click here to see where your closest Goodwill store is.
- I loaded some new Shortcuts EQs onto my store cards today. There is another 3.00/1 Delimex Taquitos EQ! It's only good at Safeway. Now, I have 2 3.00/1 Delimex EQs loaded. Paired up with the 2.00/1 MQ from the 4/11 SS, I am seeing more free taquitos in my future! Load your Shortcuts EQs here! And check to see if you have any new Cellfire EQs or Safeway EQs available too!
- I was going to submit my Motrin information for this massive McNeill recall on Tylenol, Motrin, Bendaryl products, but I realized I tossed the medicine without writing down the Lot # or the expiration dates. I just wanted to get that Motrin out of my house and I checked the site and didn't see anything about a lot #! Grr! :( McNeill said they will not issue a refund without that information. I'm so frustrated because I verified my 4 bottles were included in the recall and all lots are included in the recall, so really, what does it matter? I know McNeill has to put safeguards in place to make sure scammers don't abuse the system, but honestly! I have the receipts! I have contacted a few friends to find out if they have the lot number and expiration date so I can submit a complete form. Gosh, what an ordeal!
- I am organizing my usual Tuesday round up shopping lists before the end of the sales cycle tomorrow. See "My Favorite Deals" here - they all end tomorrow night! Here's a rough outline of my plan for tomorrow:
- SAFEWAY - Free Captain Crunch, .49 Lucerne cheese, cheap milk
- FRY'S - .97/lb. grapes, cheap milk
- ALBIE'S - I need to cash in rainchecks for free Suddenly Salad, Chex Mix, Yoplait greek yogurt before in case the $1 coupon event ends tomorrow.
I'm excited to check my mailbox and see what kinds of treasures are waiting for me. I'm hoping my grocery ads are in there so I can start My Favorite Deals list and I'm crossing my fingers that Fry's & Albie's are continuing the $1 coupon event for another week. Check back tonight for my "Mail Call Monday" post! It may be a little late ... I have to watch the
Suns beat the Lakers Lakers beat the Suns at 6pm tonight! :(
What did you guys do to be thrifty today?