- Reducing the amount of land and water needed to grow vegetables
- Packing vegetables in smaller, lighter cans, so it takes less fuel to deliver them to supermarket shelves
- Utilizing traditional seed breeding methods over the last 35 years to double the amount of sweet corn grown on an acre of land
- Teaming up with growers to install a more efficient irrigation system that can reduce water use by more than a million gallons a year
- Switching to more earth-friendly paperboard to package frozen vegetables, saving approximately 54,000 trees annually in the process.
1.) Leave a comment (with your name & email address) telling me what your family is doing to be more green and leave less of a carbon footprint on the earth. One "green" comment per person, please!
Bonus Entries (please leave a separate entry for each):
1. Subscribe to Arizona Savings by clicking here!
2. Add my blog to your blogroll or let me know it's already there!
3. Become a follower - scroll to the bottom of my blog.
4. Blog about this giveaway (Worth 2 entries! Leave separate comments.)
1. This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents ONLY.
2. Sorry, No PO Boxes.
3. This giveaway will close on Friday, April 16, 2010 at 12pm AZ time.
4. The winner will be selected via random.org and the winner will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Thanks For Entering & Good Luck!!