Thursday, June 17, 2010

How I shop Kohl's!

If I had just walked into Kohl's & paid for these two items, I would have shelled out $82.25! Oh, that makes me want to throw up.
Instead, I only paid $26.42 out the door!
I can't shop that way anymore. But I was in dire need of a new purse. I've had the same one for 5 years and its completely falling apart. The zipper came off over a year ago, the leather handles are splitting apart, and it's too small. I also wanted to buy some perfume, but I've held off for a long time because its so darn expensive!

So, here's what I did...

I've been eyeing this Daisy Fuentes purse for awhile. It's regularly $58-  yuck! But this week, the handbags are on a 30% sale! So, in the past couple of weeks, I've been gathering up any kind of Kohl's coupons I can find. Luckily, there was a $10/20 peelie on the front of the AZ Republic last week. I had a couple of those, but I still wanted to wait for a Kohl's 15% off shopping pass. They email these out all the time and I know from previous shopping trips, you can stack both of these together. The stars aligned today and I received a shopping pass in my inbox this morning! I also have been hanging onto a $25 Kohl's giftcard my aunt gave me for my birthday, so off to Kohl's I went today.

#1
40.60 Daisy Fuentes Handbag - discounted 30% sale
-4.59 15% shopping pass
-10.00 10/20 peelie coupon
26.01 + 2.29 tax =
28.30 paid with $25 gift card and 3.30 cash

#2
35.00 Cool Water Perfume
-3.75 15% shopping pass
-10.00 10/20 peelie coupon
21.25 + 1.87 tax =
23.12 paid in cash

That's a total savings of 68%! While it always hurts me to shell out actual cash on things for myself, I am really excited to have timed this sale up just right with the perfect coupons! If you have those coupons too, make sure to print out a savings pass and hit Kohl's before the end of the weekend! I'm sure you could have a lot less out of pocket if you shopped the clearance racks, but I was on a mission for specific things.

1 comment:

  1. I got a savings pass in my email this morning too and I thought of you!! I haven't used my savings passes yet either, hopefully I can get there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails