Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thrifty Tidbits - 7/6/10 edition

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! We enjoyed the cool weather in Southern California and got to sepnd lots of time with our family. My favorite part of the long weekend was watching my almost 2 year old's face lit up by the glow of the fireworks and to see the wonderment and awe in her innocent little face. What did you guys do for the 4th of July?

Here is a fun video I found online for all of us grocery shoppers to enjoy. It was made for a home economics class and is a primer on sensible food shopping. In the video, we learn to read canned food labels and get a glimpse at the mysterious grading system for various foods (and may understand why food grades are no longer advertised unless they are Grade A). Many of this films messages are still poignant today, especially since supermarkets are designed to encourage impulse buying. Either way, it's entertaining. I didn't have home economics at my high school, so this is fascinating to me.

PRINTABLE COUPONS:
Today, I've been catching up on printing out some rare fresh produce coupons made available in the past few days. Here are two of my favorites:

MY FAVORITE DEALS: Since there was no mail yesterday, "My Favorite Deals" list may be a bit delayed tomorrow morning. I will be working furiously on them tonight, but I've lost a day with the holiday weekend, so bear with me!

MAIL CALL MONDAY: I will post on my mail this evening as soon as I get home. I'm sure its packed from being gone all weekend. Can't wait to see what's waiting for me! Except for the ugly SRP electric bill that should be coming any day. That one can just get lost in the mail.

GIVE AWAY: I will be hosting a fun give away this week, so make sure to check back in for that!

3 comments:

  1. I just got my mail and was excited to see a whole $1 section in the frys ad. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love $1 sections. YAY!

    I'm thrilled for the free Circle K Bananas today. the pineapple Qs and avo Qs will be handy. I had to enter my zip for the avocado Q to display. Well worth it :)

    Mail was awesome after the long weekend. I got my Safeway $10/$50 Q and the Crystal Light sample from VocalPoint. YAY!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. just printed the avocado coupons. after you print the first two then you can print two more that are save 1.50 off of 4 AWESOME with zipcode 85541

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails