Monday, July 19, 2010

Thrifty Tidbits - 7/19/10 edition

PRINTABLE COUPONS:
Now that I've got Safeway out of the way for this week, I am preparing for my Fry's Mega Mix & Match Event run. I'm crossing my fingers there are still some items left, but I am prepared to grab rainchecks if necessary. I've been printing out some coupons in anticipation of my Fry's trip including this 1.00/1 Miracle Whip Facebook coupon and this .50/1 Softsoap coupon.

GIVE AWAY! I just entered Desert Deals Diva's CSN Stores give away for a $60 gift certificate! Have you? Hurry, click here! It ends Tuesday 7/20 at 8pm AZ time!

BIRTHDAY PARTY:
My sweet baby girl is turning 2 next month! I can't believe I have a toddler. Her birthday party is coming up quickly and I am trying to be as frugal as possible. Here's what I've done so far...

Tutu- I love everything about having a little girl. Bows, headbands, and tutus! It is so much fun to dress my little doll up. She doesn't mind yet, but I know this will end soon. I made her a tutu for her 2 year photos and although not professional at all, it turned out surprisingly well for my first one. The supplies cost me a total of $6.96 at Hobby Lobby. I bought 2 rolls of hot pink tulle and 1 package of elastic for the waistband and used 40% off printable coupons I found on their website. I used this online tutorial and it only took me about 45 minutes to put it together.

Here's a photo of the finished product:

Photo Shoot- A good friend graciously offered to take my daughter's 2 year pictures for free! What a great friend. It was miserably hot even at 9am in the morning and we were all super sweaty and gross by the time we were done, so she really went above and beyond the friend call of duty. Thanks Katy!

Invitation Design- My other awesome friend, Kristy designed the invitations and did an AMAZING job. There were tons of designs I loved, but we settled on this one (edited for family privacy)-

Invitation Printing- I sent this file over to Walgreens and using their free 25 prints deal when you sign up, I got all the invitations printed for free! I also avoided shipping charges because I picked them up in the store.

So far, I am into this $6.96, the cost of the tutu supplies. I'll have to get creative with the food and party expenses, but I love a good challenge!

What have you done to control costs of your children's birthday parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails