Saturday, October 3, 2009

Selling the Stockpile!


I had my first experience with selling stock pile items at a yard sale and it went really well! I crashed my friend's (thanks Emily!) yard sale armed with toothbrushes, Listerine, BBQ sauce, mustard, and everything else in my stockpile closet. Friday was definitely better than today, but I made $70! Not a gigantic amount of money, but for my first sale, I am happy with that. I really wanted to take that $70 to Wags and get more Theraflu, but I restrained myself.

Some of the best sellers were toothbrushes & toothpaste. This is funny to me because I priced the toothpaste at $1.00 which is a pretty standard sale price at most stores. One lady bought 8 tubes! I think I'll have a follow up sale in a few weeks to see if I can unload the rest of the Theraflu, Triaminic, & Zyrtec.

4 comments:

  1. Just a word of advice. The State of Arizona is cracking down on any one reselling products without a license(even in garage sales). You could face huge fines and they can shut down your site and take your stockpile. YOU CANT SELL DRUGS WITHOUT A STATE DRUG LICENSE! YOU WILL GO TO JAIL! HUGE PROBLEM! DONT DO IT! We care about you and dont want to see that happen to you. From a caring reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked a lot of people about reselling medicine and no one had a solid answer. So, thank you! I won't sell any medicine. I just wish I could donate it and it didn't go to waste. I have tried to give it to non profit organizations, hospitals, clinics, etc, but no one will take it. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dispersing mine to family. Have you tried dropping it off at the bishops warehouse?
    ~Janae~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janae - That is such a great idea! I had no idea they would take medicine. I knew one of my blogger friends would have a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails