If you ever have a Catalina OYNO that doesn't print, here's what to do:
1. Make sure you fulfilled all of the requirements of the catalina promotion - value (example: buy $20 worth) or quantity (example: Buy any 2 products). This amount is after sales price (generally speaking), but BEFORE tax or coupons (unless the catalina promotion specifically states “After Coupons"). I have had several store employees (managers included) tell me the minimum purchase amount is the “after coupon” price. Do not buy into this. So, for example, let's say the promotion is "Buy $25 worth, get $10 catalina OYNO". Before coupons, you need to spend a minimum of $25. Check your receipt and make sure you hit that mark. There have been a few times I have miscalculated and been short a few cents, and the OYNO doesn't print. Bring a calculator with you to the store to avoid this frustration.
2. Once you have rechecked your math, and found it to be accurate, you can speak with customer service at the store BEFORE YOU LEAVE and request that they force the Catalina or give you a credit. You would think they would have record of all the Catalina promotions they are currently running, but I have not found that to be the case. My favorite coupon sites keep a better record. In the retail stores' defense, though, Catalina is a third party company and the Catalinas print out of a completely different machine - so they may not always have up to date information. Your best chances are when the shelves are marked, indicating the product is participating in a Catalina promotion. If this is the case, they will usually fix the problem. Unfortunately, Catalina promos are often unmarked, so you have no proof. This is why I usually skip Step #2 and move onto Step #3.
3. Contact Catalina Marketing Corporation directly. Here’s how to request your Catalina:
PHONE: Call 1-888-8COUPON, or 1-888-826-8766
Press 3 if you are a consumer, then wait for a customer service rep
EMAIL: Simply provide your mailing info, the store name and address, the date and time shopped and the what offer you were expecting to receive. Please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org processing. You will receive a response within 2-3 business days.
I have gone through this process and Step #3 is BY FAR the least stressful way to deal with this problem. They are helpful, friendly, & quick!
- It’s always a good idea to make sure the little green “on” light is shining before you pick your checkout lane. You don’t want a Catalina machine that is out of paper or not functioning properly. If the "advertisement" Catalinas or junk mail as I call them (Jiffy Lube oil change, 20% off Payless, etc.) printed, but your OYNO didn't, the Catalina machine is working, your OYNO just didn't print.
- Also, sometimes there is a delay in printing. I have had a Catalina coupon print out 30 seconds later than the receipt. So, maybe just hang around that check-out lane to see if it's just a slow printing Cat.
In my experience, Catalina will take care of you and can look up your purchase by your shopper card; rest assured, if you fulfilled the Catalina promotion's requirements, you will get your coupons or a credit in that amount!