Monday, March 1, 2010

Free Special K & more P&G deals at Safeway

I made a quick run to Safeway because the rest of my BOGO Special K coupons were expiring. I printed these about a month ago, so if you also printed them out, you can do this deal too!

I did 5 seperate transactions of 2 cereals with a filler of bananas or the 1.68 cheap strawberries (.68 after .50/1 Driscoll's produce IPQ!- no longer available). Each transaction looked roughly like this...

3.00 Special K cereal (2)
.63 bananas (1 lb @ .59/lb.)
.10 tax
6.73 subtotal
-1/1 Kellogg's cereal MQ pink peelie found at Bashas
-BOGO Special K IPQ (auto deducted 3.99!)
-2.00 in-ad Q (deducted $2, $1 for each cereal)
-.26 total, cashier entered .26 grocery item to balance total

While I was at Safeway, I also found a $10 Frozen Foods cat in the parking lot! What a great find - that's just like a $10 bill lying in the street!

Good news for those of you still waiting to jump in on the Safeway P&G deal before it ends Tuesday - you waited for the right time! There is a 3 day sale (special insert was in Sunday's paper) which includes P&G products. The Bounty 12 pack of paper towel rolls and 24 pack of Charmin TP rolls (along other products) are ringing up for 9.99 wyb 2 items pictured in the ad. Here comes the good news... the shelf price (12.99 & 13.99) are counting towards the $25 cat requirements! This means you can buy 1 Bounty & 1 Charmin for $20 AND get the $10 cat! If you have coupons, this deal gets even better!

IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE THE REGULAR PRICES TOTAL UP TO AT LEAST $25. SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THEIR BOUNTY & CHARMIN PRICES ARE 11.99 EACH WHICH WOULD ONLY TOTAL TO $23.98. IF YOU HAVE THE LOWER PRICES, ADD A SMALL FILLER (FEBREZE AIR EFFECTS OR DAWN SOAP) OR GO TO ANOTHER SAFEWAY.

Here is a sample transaction that will get you a $10 cat-
9.99 Bounty 12 pack paper towels
9.99 Charmin 24 pack TP rolls
19.98 + .78 tax = 20.76 subtotal
-1/1 Charmin eQ from PG e-saver
-1/1 Bounty eQ from PG e-saver
-.25/1 Bounty MQ 2/7 PG (quadrupled to $1)
-.25/1 Charmin MQ 2/7 PG (quadrupled to $1)
16.76 OOP, earn $10 cat
6.76 cost for 12 paper towels & 24 TP rolls!

I did this same transaction, but I also included 2 boxes of Special K (which was giving me .99 overage) so I had a subtotal of 15.77. I paid with the $10 Frozen Foods cat I found and the $4 cat from Honey Bunches of Oats. My total was 1.77 paid OOP & I earned the $10 PG cat.

More exciting news.... since it is March 1st, there are new, HIGHER VALUE PG e-saver eQs available to load onto your card - link on the right side of my blog. I loaded mine this morning, and I saw $3.00 off one Bounty 12 pk or larger & $3.00 off one Charmin 24 roll pk or larger. This means after your MQs and eQs come off, you will have a final cost of 2.76 after tax for both HUGE packs of Bounty & Charmin! Wowza! I haven't ever seen a deal like this on paper products - get to Safeway by the end of the sale on Tuesday! Here is my usual disclaimer- this deal worked for me, but may not work for you. Couponers beware! :)

SIDE NOTE- I received a comment (which I accidentally deleted, sorry!) letting me know that the fine print on the P&G cat says it is not to be used on more P&G products. I didn't see that restriction, because 99% of the time, cats only restrict the normal things like postage, lottery tickets, etc. Thanks for the heads up! END OF SIDE NOTE

12 comments:

  1. Wow awesome deal!! Thank you for showing it all! I am going to Safeway today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim!! There are e-coupons on the P&G website for 3.00 off each bounty AND charmin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK!!!!!! I love your blog!!! I am able to score some great deals because of things you post!!! Don't listen to all of the negative comments you get because for every negative person their are hundreds that think you are great!!!! I have been using the milk coupons with no problem at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, which sale ends Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon- All grocery sales always end on Tuesdays. The P&G cat stops printing tomorrow. So, everything in this post ends tomorrow. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I went today and got the deal. Going back again to roll if they let me. If not, the prices are still great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went today and I was able to get the tp and paper towels for about $3! Thanks!! Could you please tell me what Safeway you go to that accepts the milk coupons? My mom is in Mesa and I am headed out that way in a little while.
    Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky- Yay! I'm so glad you got the Bounty & Charmin deal! Those kinds of deals don't come around that often. I've used the milk coupons at Val Vista/Southern, Higley/Baseline, Ellsworth/Baseline, & Meridian/Apache Trail. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kim! I bought 2 packs of super soft, high quality Charmin today. We were down to our last TP roll and now our bums will be spoiled for months!

    The $3 P&G esaver came off one pack and w/ MQ it effectively made each pack $4.99 - so free after cat!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

    P.S. I bought my 2nd Prevacid w/ $6/1 cat so I can mail in the rebate form. Another $10/1 cat spit out! I am wondering how long I can keep the cats going since my DH uses the med.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evers- Yay! I am so happy to see so many people were able to take advantage of the Charmin/Bounty deal, especially with something so important as TP & paper towels. I am planning on doing the Fry's Prevacid deal tomorrow and I am excited to see that a cat Q pops out. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rats, I missed it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon- Don't worry! There are always more deals right around the corner. Check out my latest post for upcoming deals this week. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails