Saturday, January 23, 2010

Free fruit snacks at Safeway!


Sorry for the red tint in this picture. Between 2 different Wags stores, I wasn't able to get any more meters today, but I did grab some rainchecks.
.
My best deal today (by far) was getting 24 boxes of fruit snacks & 6 Reese's candy bars free at Safeway! I feel bad posting this so late because the Betty Crocker catalina deal ends tomorrow, so if you want free fruit snacks make sure you get there by the end of the day tomorrow. They are free in conjunction with the $4 off wyb 4 deal.
.
Here's what I did (6 times):
8.00 Betty Crocker fruit snacks (4)
.44 Reese's Whips candy bar - filler to keep from going negative
.08 tax
8.52 subtotal
-4.00 store discount wyb 4 participating items
-.50/2 BC fruit snacks (insert Qs & IPQs) (2)
2.52 paid with $2.50 BC cat and .02 on giftcard
Receive a $2.50 cat to roll into the next purchase
.
And on and on it goes until you run out of coupons! Don't clear any shelves, that's bad coupon etiquette and it will only attract bad attention to yourself when you wheel your cart overflowing with fruit snacks up to the register.
.
I ended up with 24 boxes and NO $5 DISCOVER CASH CARDS! What the heck? Oh well, free is good enough! And for those of you wondering, yes these will all get eaten at my house. I made sure to get the longest expiration dates (December 2010 or January 2011) so we can use these this summer during lake trips. However, I would be very surprised if these make it until summer.
.
I also got my $10 Nabisco rebate check in the mail today! That didn't take long at all. I will update my rebates section on the right side of the blog.

9 comments:

  1. Gr8 Job Kim! Don't feel bad especially when purchasing food that you know you and your family will eat :)
    The BC snacks go very fast in my house, I ended up with 34 boxes of BC snacks, of course this was spread out in the past few days, Plus when my DS has events for school having extras help to provide for certain those events.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve! I feel like I have to justify my purchases so people don't think I'm hoarding just because its free. I usually have a few snarky comments I have to sift through, so I thought I woud just put a disclaimer out there. :) 34 boxes! You are a rockstar! I bet you are a popular mom this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really its no one's business anyway, you could have lots of family or donate to the food bank, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone!

    Thanks for the heads up on the catalina ending today, will have to try and go one more time this afternoon/evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks KC! :) You had a great run last night. Between Target & Wags, I'm going to do some diaper deals this week. I saw your post on the Target SD board :). I'll report back as soon as I hit both stores. I am dangerously low on diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No justification needed. :) I always hate the scrutiny that you take on by going public on these deals. But I SOOO appreciate you not letting it get to you, because it often makes my day to see an awesome deal that you scored and then run to the store and give it a shot. This is how we live... it's about buying ahead not just buying for "now". It's hard for some to understand that lifestyle... so we let their comments roll off and just laugh about how judgemental some can be. Okay... that was my rant. Love you girl & I do appreciate you sharing even though it's hard to deal with the comments at times. You rock:)
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Just wanted to give you a heads up, I found a great MM at Safeway on the Progresso soup. There are Safeway coupon books throughout the store that say have over $20 worth of q's in there. There is one for $.75/2 Progresso soups. Combine that with the $.25/1 MQ for a $.53 MM for every 2! They also had some other great Safeway q's in there that I'm going to hold on to to combine with another sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. J- Thanks for the positive feedback! I completely agree with you- we are planning for the future. I am happy to open my pantry and see my year's supply of spaghetti sauce, cereal, & now fruit snacks! :)

    Born2Save- Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed some of those Make it Tonight booklets and I knew there would be MM's in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI - the Laveen Safeway must not be participating, I've been there two different times purchasing the fruit chews and neither time did the cat come out. BUMMER! ~~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy- Thanks for the comment! The cat stopped printing on Sunday, January 24th. So if you've shopped since then, that's why its not printing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails