Friday, September 17, 2010

You Asked! Questions from Readers....

I love it when I get emails from you readers with deals, pictures, or questions. Here are just a few I've received in the past couple of days...

I have been working very hard to save money on my families groceries. I would love to know how you are able to buy meat, chicken, fruits and veggies free or super duper cheap?  That is the one area that I'm still struggling to meet my budget with buying these items.  Any suggestions or help you could give me, would be most appreciated. - Cindy

Hi Cindy! Meat, chicken, fruits and veggies are hard to get free consistently, but it's not impossible to get them cheap. If I were in need of those items this week, I would go to Fry's and use this $6 off $30 Fresh & Easy competitor coupon. I would build up my $30 mark with as many free or close to free items as possible. This week at Fry's, you can get Dole salad, Starkist tuna, and Libby's canned vegetables free - see my entire Favorite Deals list here. Remember to hand over the $6 off $30 BEFORE your other coupons. Ideally, if you can get close to $30 worth of free stuff, you can use the $6 off to buy your other items that aren't free - like produce or meat. To bring that cost down, it's always good to check around for produce and meat coupons. They are rare, but they are out there.

If there aren't any competitor coupons available, the next best thing for produce is to hit the farmer's markets. I love Superstition Ranch Market. They have high quality, locally grown produce for super cheap. I can spend $5 and get a TON of fresh produce.

Arizona Savings readers! Help Cindy out - what do you guys do to get free or cheap produce or meat?

UPDATE- Harold emailed me to remind me about this 1.00/1 Target coupon for fresh produce. Fry's will accept it, so just buy your fruits and veggies in one pound increments to get it free! Thanks Harold!

And here's another email!

Hi, my name is Kathryn, I hope you don't think that it's creepy that I am emailing you. I don't think it's creepy at all! I love reader emails! I am also pregnant and just got an email from thecutekid.com It had a promo for a free nursing cover if you use the code "cutekid"  I tried it and it worked. I didn't want to put it on the webpage in case they think it got spammed out or something. Anyway, I count on your blog to help save some money so I thought I could maybe help you out! Sorry if this is a little odd for me to email you :)
Kathryn, you are not creepy at all! Email me anytime! Thanks for the heads up on the free nursing cover - I just ordered mine too! I am posting this so all the Arizona Savings readers can take advantage of this awesome offer too. Thanks Kathryn!
If any of you ever have questions, deals, or want to share photos of your shopping conquests, send them all to arizonasavings@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails