Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My first Albie's doublers trip...

105.15 worth of groceries for 6.88 out of pocket!

I know all my AZ friends won't be able to replicate these deals - So Cal Albie's is a different company that the Albie's in AZ. But I am posting this for my California shoppers...

I love doublers at Albie's!

I had heard about them all over the frugal blog world for years and was always so jealous. I guess one this is one good thing about shopping in California. Thank goodness! I need all the perks I can get out here. AZ people - count your blessings to be where you are. I have never seen milk here below 3.00 a gallon EVER. Ugh... Anyway, onto the doublers...

This was my first experience with doublers, so I read up on the blogs about limits, etiquette, beeps, etc. I had all my items split out so I only used 2 doublers per transaction (per the coupon), but when I got to the cashier, she said she'd just combine everything! I had one doubler for each manufacturer's coupon I used. I figured I should go for the gold and cash in all the coupons I could. Getting things for free is very rare in California, even with coupons, so I went a little nuts. 

Here's the breakdown...

There was a 1.88 WYB 6 sale going on-

1.88 Keebler cookies (8)
-1.00/1 yellow peelie MQ (8) found at Albie's about a month ago
-1.00 doubler for each MQ (8)
.12 overage each!

1.88 Frosted Flakes (2) These are BIG boxes! The Cars 2 promo boxes were not included.
-1.00/1 Frosted Flakes IPQ (2) - no longer available
-1.00 doubler for each MQ (2)
.12 overage each!

1.88 Kellogg's Nutri Grain Bars (6)
-1.00/2 MQ (3) I found these inside Nutri Grain boxes a few months ago
-1.00 doubler for each MQ (3)
.88 each Not free, but a good stock up price!

1.88 Pop Tarts (2)
-1.00/2 MQ (3) I found these inside Nutri Grain boxes a few months ago
-1.00 doubler for each MQ (3)
.88 each Not free, but a good stock up price!

2.04 Fuji Apples
-1.00 off fresh fruit wyb 2 Kellogg's Nutri Grain Bars MQ Also from the Nutri Grain boxes
-1.00 doubler
.04

3.00 Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Combo Pack
-1.00/1 blue peelie MQ found on package
-1.00 doubler
1.00

1.00 Lunchables (12)
-1.00/2 pink peelie MQ (6) found on Lunchables earlier this summer 
-1.00 doubler for each MQ (3)
All 12 for free!

6.88 total paid out of pocket!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post your trips! I get very excited for you :) thanks for the leaving the blogroll up, it's very helpful. I wonder how much lactose free milkl is up there, I was very happy to pay $2.50ish for a little over a half gallon today (az)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails